Opening of the first PEPR MIE call for projects
The 1st call for projects of the Priority Research and Resources Program devoted to emerging infectious diseases (PEPR MIE), Measure 2 of the Emerging Infectious Diseases-Nuclear, Radiological, Biological and Chemical Acceleration Strategy (MIE-NRBC) supported by France 2030 aims to effectively prevent and control emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases on both individual and collective levels.
The purpose of this call for projects is to fund basic research, R&D (TRL 1-3), public health, and human and social sciences.
It is made up of three parts:
1) Accelerate the acquisition of knowledge of emerging infectious diseases;
2) Organise and develop new treatments, vaccines and other prevention tools, diagnosis and surveillance tools for emerging infectious diseases;
3) Help public policies and society deal with epidemic crises.
Requests for funding shall be submitted on the APOGEE platform in the AAP Flash category. Each component of this call for projects corresponds to a distinct AAP Flash.
You can find full details in the text of the call for projects and the financial regulations.
This call for projects complements the PEPR PREZODE projects.
- Opening: 07 February 2023
- Deadline for submission of applications: 24 April 2023
For further information
All the information is available in the text of the call for projects and the financial regulations on the I submit my project page Link to the APOGEE platform
Please send any question you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Structuring Research Support Department - Call for Projects Team)
A webinar to present this call for projects was held on 9 March, in coordination with the PEPR PREZODE call for projects.
See this webinar
In order to facilitate the construction of multidisciplinary consortia and to bring together teams with complementary expertise, a matchmaking event is proposed to teams wishing to apply to the PEPR MIE call for projects.
This event will take place in several phases:
- From March 13 to 17, 2023: A first phase of registration for the event in person on a dedicated online platform. Until March 23: Teams will be able to complete their fields of expertise but also indicate the premises and ideas of their research projects. All this information will be public and visible to other participants.
- March 23, 2023: A second phase of face-to-face meetings in Paris. This morning of exchanges will allow participants who have the possibility to do so to briefly present their research projects, and then to directly exchange with researchers whose research topics interest them particularly in order to build ambitious projects.
- From March 24 to April 6, 2023: A third phase of online exchanges on the dedicated platform, open to all registered participants, to continue the discussions that took place during the event but also to allow people who could not come to Paris to interact.
Location of the event on March 23, 2023: New cap Event Center, 3 quai de Grenelle, 75015, Paris
Registration to this event and the use of the platform are free.
Please note that registration for the in-person event is limited to 80 people.
This event, and more particularly the in-person part in Paris, is primarily aimed at French academic research teams.
However, all partners (private partners, representatives of civil society and international partners) are also invited to register on the platform to propose their expertise.
To ensure the quality and diversity of the exchanges, we encourage you to favor the participation of one or two representatives per research team who will confirm their presence.